Yuri (Cyrillic: Юрий) is a common Russian male given name. It is derived from an archaic Russian derivation from the Greek Georgios, source of the English George. Although Gyorgi (transliterated variously) is the standard form of George in modern Russian, Yuri remains a popular name in its own right. In the works of Harry Turtledove, Yuri may refer to:
Characters with the name Yuri:
- Yuri Andropov, historical Soviet bureaucrat referenced in The Hot War: Armistice.
- Yuri Gagarin, historical Soviet cosmonaut appearing in Colonization: Second Contact.
- Yuri Ilyich Kronov, fictional Russian bureaucrat appearing in "Hang Together" from the War World Series.
- Yuri Kuznetsov, fictional Red Army general in "The Phantom Tolbukhin".
- Yuri Levitan, historical Soviet broadcaster appearing in The Hot War: Bombs Away.
- Yuri Palchinsky, fictional Soviet prison guard, minor character in Worldwar: Striking the Balance.
- Yuri Svechin, fictional Soviet airman, minor character in The Hot War: Bombs Away.
- Yuri Voroshilov, fictional KGB agent in A World of Difference.
Characters with the name Juris, a Latvian variant:
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.