| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Theodore comes from the Greek name Θεοδωρος (Theodoros), which meant "God's gift" from Greek θεος (theos) "god" and δωρον (doron) "gift". Theodosius was a synonym, and Theophanes was a related name. Diminutives in English include Ted, Teddy and Theo. (Ted[dy] can also be diminutive for Edward. In German and Dutch, Theo can be a name in its own right.)
Characters known only as Theodore in the works of Harry Turtledove:
- Theodore (Islands in the Sea), a Catholic priest in "Islands in the Sea".
- Theodore (Farmers' Law), a farmer in "Farmers' Law".
Characters with the first name of Theodore:
- Dr. Seuss aka Theodore Seuss Geisel, historical humorous poet and fantasy author occasionally alluded to in Turtledove works.
- Theodore Roosevelt, a historical President of the United States who plays a major role in the Southern Victory series.
- Theodore Sturgeon, a historical American science fiction author referenced in Colonization: Second Contact.
Characters with the first name of Theo:
- Theo Hossbach (short for Theodosius), fictional German panzer radio operator and POV in The War That Came Early.
Characters with the first name of Theodorick:
Characters with the first name of Ted or Teddy:
- Teddy (Southern Victory), a crippled War of Secession veteran and minor character in How Few Remain.
- Ted Canter, one of the Gators in "Designated Hitter".
- Ted Collins, main character of "Gladly Wolde He Lerne".
- Ted Culligan, fictional Manitoban farm boy and minor character in American Empire.
- Teddy Fitzgerald, fictional tank gunner and minor character in Settling Accounts: Return Engagement.
- Ted Griffith, fictional Confederate soldier and minor character in Settling Accounts: Return Engagement.
- Edward Kennedy aka Ted Kennedy, historical U.S. Senator referenced in "Typecasting" from the State of Jefferson Stories.
- Ted Kittridge, a Royal American Mounted Police Officer in The Two Georges.
- Ted McKenzie, a reporter and minor character in The Two Georges.
- Ted Snodgrass, fictional character in The Disunited States of America.
- Ted Williams, historical baseballer appearing in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Edward Woodbridge aka Ted Woodbridge, commander of HMS Grampus, minor character in The Two Georges.
- Vladimir Federov, fictional Red Army man, minor character in The War That Came Early: The Big Switch.
- Fyodor (Black Tulip), fictional Red Army man in "Black Tulip".
- Ivan Fyodorov, a gulag prisoner and minor character in Worldwar: Striking the Balance.
- Fyodor Furmanov, fictional Red Army colonel, minor character in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Fedor Tolbukhin, historical Red Army general, POV of "The Phantom Tolbukhin".
Characters with the first name of Тодор (Bulgarian version of Theodore):
Characters with the first name of Theophanes:
- Teo Acosta, an aerobics instructor in Supervolcano: Eruption.
- Teobaldo Montefiore, a student at Hoxha Polytechnic, minor character in The Gladiator.
- Theodo, a blacksmith in "The Man who Came Late."
Women named Theodora or a variant:
- Feodosiya, Ukrainian peasant woman and minor fictional character in The War That Came Early: Last Orders.
- Theodora of Khazaria, historical Byzantine consort appearing in Justinian.
Characters with some variation of Theodore for a surname:
Places and things named for Theodore:
- Theodor Heuss Platz, a Berlin city square, a setting (as Adolf Hitler Platz) in In the Presence of Mine Enemies.