| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Samuel comes from the Hebrew name שְׁמוּאֵל (Shemu'el) which could mean either "name of God" or "God has heard".
In the works of Harry Turtledove, the following characters have the first name of Samuel:
- Samuel (Next Year in Jerusalem), a Jewish butcher in "Next Year in Jerusalem".
- Samuel Adams, historical American statesman referenced in The Two Georges.
- Samuel Beckett, historical playwright whose play Waiting for Godot is referenced in "We Haven't Got There Yet".
- Samuel Clemens, historical American writer, better known as Mark Twain, a POV in How Few Remain.
- Samuel Cooper, historical Confederate general referenced in The Guns of the South.
- Samuel Dill, a lawyer and minor character in The Case of the Toxic Spell Dump.
- Samuel Goldman, fictional Jewish history professor appearing in The War That Came Early.
- Samuel Goudsmit, historical physicist referenced in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Samuel Johnson, historical English lexicographer referenced in "News From the Front."
- Samuel Jones, fictional religious cult leader appearing in the Atlantis story "The Scarlet Band".
- Samuel Little, fictional used car salesman appearing in the Days of Infamy series.
- Samuel Longstreet, fictional Confederate politician, minor character in American Empire: The Center Cannot Hold.
- Samuel Pepys, historical English politician and diarist, POV of A Different Flesh story "And So To Bed".
- Samuel Beauchamp Smith, a spy and minor character in Settling Accounts: Return Engagement.
- Samuel Stanley, fictional Royal American Mounted Police captain, major character in The Two Georges.
- Samuel D. Sturgis, historical American Civil War general referenced in The Guns of the South.
- Samuel D. Sturgis, Jr., historical American general referenced in American Empire: The Center Cannot Hold.
- Samuel J. Tilden, a historical American politician referenced in How Few Remain.
Characters with the middle name Samuel:
- William Samuel Harris, fictional hypochondriac created by Jerome K. Jerome, appears in "Three Men and a Vampire" and "Three Men and a Werewolf".
Characters known only by the name of Sam:
- Sam (Disunited States), a Virginian soldier and minor character in The Disunited States of America.
- Sam (Atlantis), a Rose sailor and minor character in Opening Atlantis: New Hastings.
- Sam (horse), a horse ridden by Victor Radcliff in The United States of Atlantis.
- Sam the Sturgeon, a Detinan General and minor character in The War Between the Provinces: Marching Through Peachtree.
Characters with the first name Sam:
- Sam Carsten, fictional sailor and POV in Southern Victory.
- Sam Crawford, a historical baseball player referenced in "Batboy".
- Sam Grynszpan, owner of the Golden Lotus Dance Hall, minor character in The War That Came Early: West and East.
- Sam Houston, historical American General referenced in Southern Victory and "Lee at the Alamo".
- Sam King, minor fictional character in Ruled Britannia.
- Sam Nguyen, a lawyer and minor character in In High Places.
- Sam Rayburn, historical U.S. Speaker of the House, referenced in a number of stories.
- Sam Spud, a detective in "Hoxbomb."
- Sam Yeager, fictional baseballer and soldier, one of the central POVs of the Worldwar franchise.
- Sam Yorty, historical Los Angeles Mayor appearing in The Man With the Iron Heart.
Characters with the first name Sammy:
Things named for Samuel:
- Mitsubishi A7M, historical Japanese aircraft codenamed Sam by the Americans, appearing in the Days of Infamy series.