| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Nicholas comes from the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people". English diminutives include Colin, Collin, Nic, Nick and Nicky. Niccolo and Nicola are the Italian forms, Nikolai is Russian. and Miklos is Hungarian.
Nicholas may refer to:
- Nicholas Alexandria, fictional gang boss in "The Maltese Elephant".
- Nicolaus Copernicus, historical Polish astronomer referenced in "But It Does Move" and Ruled Britannia.
- Nicholas Radcliff, member of the Radcliffe family in Atlantis (series).
- Nicholas II of Russia, the historical last Tsar of Russia, who is referenced in Southern Victory, Worldwar, and "Uncle Alf".
- Nicholas Kincaid, a Confederate lieutenant in The Great War.
Characters named Nick:
- Nick (In the Presence of Mine Enemies), a British Fascist and minor character in In the Presence of Mine Enemies.
- Nick Cantarella, a US Army captain in the Settling Accounts tetralogy.
- Nick Einsiedel, a US Army colonel and minor character in Settling Accounts: In at the Death.
- Nick Gorczany, a businessman in Supervolcano.
- Nick Skeres, historical English petty criminal appearing in Ruled Britannia.
- Nick Tversky, a US Navy pilot and minor character in Days of Infamy series: End of the Beginning.
Characters named Niccolo:
- Niccolo dello Bosco, a merchant from Firenze in "Clash of Arms".
- Niccolo Machiavelli, historical Italian political scientist referenced in Colonization: Aftershocks.
Characters named Nikolai:
- Nikolai Bulganin, historical Soviet bureaucrat referenced in The Hot War: Armistice.
- Nikolai Feldman, fictional character in The Hot War.
- Nikolai Sergeyevich Golovko, fictional Red Army soldier, minor character in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Nikolai Vasiliev, historical Red Army General appearing in Worldwar.
- Nikolai Yezhov, fictional athlete in "Les Mortes d'Arthur".
Characters whose surname is Nichols:
- Nicole Nichols, fictional space explorer in Homeward Bound.
- Polly Nichols, historical victim of Jack the Ripper referenced in "Gentlemen of the Shade".
Characters whose first name is Miklos:
- Miklos (The Hot War), a Hungarian soldier in The Hot War.
- Miklos Horthy, historical head of state of Hungary, referenced in numerous works.