| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Martin is a common given and family name in many languages. In some languages, and as a given name, it comes from the Latin name Martinus, which is a late derived form of the name of the Roman god Mars, the protective godhead of the Latins (and therefore the god of warring). The meaning is usually rendered in reference to the god as "of Mars", or "of war/warlike" ("martial")
Characters identified only by the name Martin:
- Martín (Atlantis), a Terranovan slave and minor character in Opening Atlantis: Nouveau Redon.
- Martin (sim), a sim in A Different Flesh section "Trapping Run".
- Martin (Southern Victory), fictional Confederate scientist, minor character in Settling Accounts: The Grapple.
- Martin (vampire), a vampire in "Gentlemen of the Shade".
- Pope Martin I, historical pontiff referenced in Justinian.
Characters with the first name Martin:
- Martin Borcke, a fictional German Hauptmann and minor character in Worldwar.
- Martin Dambach, a fictional pediatrician in In the Presence of Mine Enemies.
- Martin Delany, a historical American Civil War officer, referenced in Fort Pillow.
- Martin Horky, a historical Bohemian mathematician referenced in "But It Does Move".
- Martin Luther King, a historical civil rights activist who appears in The Two Georges and is referenced in other works.
- Martin Lacroix, fictional banker, minor character in Settling Accounts: In at the Death.
- Martin Luther, a historical theologian and scholar referenced in "But It Does Move" and other works.
- Martin Priller, fictional German electrician's mate and minor character in The War That Came Early: Two Fronts.
- Martin Rolvaag, fictional American fighter pilot, minor character in Settling Accounts: Return Engagement.
Characters with the feminine first name Martina:
Characters with the last name Martin:
- Martin (family), a prominent fictional family in Southern Victory.
- Geoffrey Martin, fictional stage prompter, minor character in Ruled Britannia.
- Hobart Martin, fictional Freedom Party Guardsman, minor character in Settling Accounts: Drive to the East.
- John Martin, fictional police captain in The Two Georges.
- Joseph W. Martin, historical American House Speaker appearing in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Judy Martin, a minor character in Opening Atlantis: New Hastings.
- Liz Martin, a student in "Logan's Law".
Characters with the last name Martinez:
Martin may also refer to: