| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Katherine (rarely Katharine) may come from the Greek name Αικατερινη (Aikaterine). The etymology is debated: it could derive from the earlier Greek name ‘Εκατερινη (Hekaterine), which came from ‘εκατερος (hekateros) "each of the two"; it could derive from the name of the goddess HECATE; it could be related to Greek αικια (aikia) "torture"; or it could be from a Coptic name meaning "my consecration of your name". In the early Christian era it became associated with Greek καθαρος (katharos) "pure", and the Latin spelling was changed from Katerina to Katharina to reflect this. Kate, Katie, Kathy, and Kitty are diminutives.
The following characters have the first name Katherine:
- Katherine Lundquist, fictional character in "Hindsight".
- Katherine Wiedemann, space explorer and minor character in Homeward Bound.
The following characters have the first name Katharine:
The following characters have the first name Kathleen:
- Kathleen Flannery, fictional character in The Two Georges.
- Kathleen O'Neill, fictional character in "Birdwitching".
The following characters have the first name Katrina:
The following characters are known only as Kate in Harry Turtledove's works:
- Kate (A Different Flesh), a serving girl in "And So To Bed" from A Different Flesh.
- Kate (Atlantis), a minor character in "The Scarlet Band" from Atlantis.
- Kate (Batboy), Willie's girlfriend referenced in "Batboy".
- Kate (Father of the Groom), the bride in "Father of the Groom".
- Kate (Ruled Britannia), fictional waitress in London in Ruled Britannia.
The following characters have the first name Kate:
The following characters have the first name Katie:
- Katie Fitzgerald, restaurateur and minor character in How Few Remain.
- Katie Ready, minor character in The Great War: Breakthroughs.
The following characters have the first name Kathy:
The following characters have the first name Käthe:
The following characters have the first name Kitty:
Places and things named for Katherine:
- Katyusha, a Soviet artillery piece named for the Russian form of Kate, appearing in numerous Turtledove works.
- Nakajima B5N, codenamed Kate by the Americans, Japanese aircraft featured in the Days of Infamy series.
- Yekaterinburg, Russian city referenced in "Les Mortes d'Arthur".