| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Joseph comes from Ioseph, the Latin form of Greek Ιωσηφ (Ioseph), which was from the Hebrew name יוֹסֵף (Yosef) meaning "God will add". Joe or Jojo is a diminutive of Joseph. In the works of Harry Turtledove, Joseph or Joe may refer to:
Monarchs named Joseph:
- Franz Joseph I of Austria, historical Hapsburg Emperor referenced in The Great War and other works.
- Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor, historical Hapsburg monarch referenced in "The More it Changes".
- Joseph Alois Ratzinger aka Pope Benedict XVI, historical Pontiff who is the unnamed POV of "Under St. Peter's".
- Karol Józef Wojtyła aka Pope John Paul II, historical Pontiff referenced in "Under St. Peter's".
Characters known as only as Joseph:
Characters whose first name is Joseph:
- Josephus Daniels, historical Secretary of the United States Navy, referenced often in Southern Victory.
- Joseph Darnand, historical French fascist appearing in Colonization: Aftershocks.
- Joseph Dorsch, minor fictional character in In the Presence of Mine Enemies.
- Joseph Guffey, historical United States Senator appearing in Settling Accounts: Return Engagement and The War That Came Early: The Big Switch.
- Joseph Haydn, historical composer referenced in In the Presence of Mine Enemies.
- Joseph Hooker, historical Union General referenced in The Guns of the South.
- Joseph Johnston, historical Confederate General appearing in The Guns of the South and referenced in "Must and Shall".
- Joseph J. Kelly, historical Mayor of Buffalo, New York, appearing in Days of Infamy series: End of the Beginning.
- Joseph P. Kennedy, historical ambassador and businessman appearing in Southern Victory.
- Joseph P. Kennedy Jr., historical World War II bomber pilot appearing in Settling Accounts: Return Engagement and referenced in other works.
- Joseph Kilbride, fictional businessman in The Two Georges.
- J. Bracken Lee, historical Utah politician referenced obliquely in The Hot War: Bombs Away.
- Joseph Little, fictional Army captain and minor character in How Few Remain.
- Joseph W. Martin, historical U.S. House Speaker appearing in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Joseph McCarthy, historical United States Senator referenced in "Hindsight" and The Hot War.
- Joseph Pholien, historical Belgian Prime Minister, obliquely referenced in The Hot War: Fallout.
- Joseph Poindexter, historical Governor of Hawaii appearing in Days of Infamy.
- Joseph Shook, minor fictional character in The Great War: Walk in Hell.
- Joseph Short, historical White House Press Secretary appearing in The Hot War.
- Joseph Tanaka, fictional censor's aide in A Different Flesh section "Freedom".
- Joseph Watkins, fictional Son of Liberty in The Two Georges.
Characters known only as Joe:
- Joe (alien), minor character in "Nasty, Brutish, &. . .".
- Joe (sim), a sim in A Different Flesh section "Though the Heavens Fall".
- Joe (End of the World), a pet fox in "It's the End of the World As We Know It, And We Feel Fine".
- Joe (The Green Buffalo), a shopkeeper, POV of "The Green Buffalo".
- Little Joe, a character in "Hi, Colonic".
- Joe-Bob, a Camp Constitution guard, minor character in Supervolcano: All Fall Down.
- JoJo, a Union soldier and minor character in Fort Pillow.
Characters whose first name is Joe:
- Joe Bauman, a historical semi-professional baseball player and POV of "The Star and the Rockets".
- Joe Billings, British Army sergeant and minor character in The War That Came Early: Coup d'Etat.
- Joe Boardman, a stage actor and minor character in Ruled Britannia.
- Joey Chang, fictional laundry owner in Southern Victory.
- Joe Crosetti, a United States Navy aviator and POV in the Days of Infamy series.
- Joe DiMaggio, a historical professional baseball player referenced in the Worldwar franchise.
- Joe Forbes, a reporter and minor character in The Case of the Toxic Spell Dump.
- Joe Gordon, a historical professional baseball player referenced in The War That Came Early: Hitler's War.
- Joe Habicht, the deceased first husband of Rita Martin in Southern Victory.
- Joe Hauser, a historical professional baseball player referenced in "The Star and the Rockets".
- Joe Hennissey, a historical United States Army sergeant appearing in Fort Pillow.
- Joe Humphreys, an amateur baseball player appearing in "Designated Hitter".
- Joe Jakimiuk, a U.S private and minor character in Settling Accounts: Drive to the East.
- Joe Louis, a historical American boxer referenced in several works.
- Joe McMahan, a miner, labor organizer and minor character in How Few Remain.
- Joe Mouradian, a U.S. Army private and minor character in Settling Accounts.
- Joe Mouton, a Confederate Army Captain and minor character in Settling Accounts: Return Engagement.
- Joe Orsatti, a U.S. Marine in The War That Came Early: Coup d'Etat.
- Joe Peroni, a police officer in "King of All".
- Joe Simpkin, a RAF airman and minor character in Worldwar: In the Balance.
- Joe Steele, Joseph Stalin's American alter-ego in "Joe Steele (story)" and Joe Steele (novel).
- Joe Sullivan, fictional baseball player, minor character in Worldwar: In the Balance.
Characters whose middle name is Joe:
- Billy Joe Hamilton, Confederate Veterans' Brigades officer, minor character in Return Engagement.
- Billy Joe McKennie, fictional US Army personnel, minor character in Days of Infamy.
- Sepp Dietrich (Josef Dietrich), historical Nazi appearing in Colonization: Second Contact.
- Jozef Gabčík, historical Czechoslovakian soldier appearing in the prologue of The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Josef Goebbels, historical Nazi referenced in numerous works.
- Jozef Jablonski, fictional athlete in "Les Mortes d'Arthur".
- Iosif Kobzon, contemporary Ukrainian singer referenced in "Black Tulip".
- Iosef Trofimovich Mladenov, fictional character in "Hang Together".
- Jozef Pilsudski, historical Marshal of Poland referenced in The War That Came Early: West and East.
- Yossel Reisen, Sr. and Jr., two generations of US Army conscripts in Southern Victory.
- Josef Stein, a Jewish grocer and minor character in The War That Came Early: West and East.
- Jozef Tiso, historical Slovakian President referenced in The War That Came Early and Joe Steele.
- Josip Broz Tito, historical Yugoslavian dictator referenced in The Man With the Iron Heart and The Hot War: Bombs Away.
- Yossel (Worldwar), a partisan and minor character in Worldwar: In the Balance.
Characters whose first name is a feminine form of Joseph:
- Josefina (Household Gods), a daycare provider and minor character in Household Gods.
- Josefina Linares, fictional secretary, minor character in Supervolcano: Eruption.
Non-biological entities named Joseph:
- "Joe Steele (story)"/Joe Steele (novel), the title of two variations of the same work by Harry Turtledove.
- Joe's letter, a clue to the theft of the eponymous painting in The Two Georges.
- USS Josephus Daniels, a Naval vessel in Southern Victory.