Igor (Cyrillic: Игорь) is a common Russian male given name. According to different sources, it is either derived from the Greek Georgios or the Swedish Ingvar (referring to the pagan god Ingvi). In Ukrainian it is spelled Ihor (Ігор).
NOTE: Igor is normally pronounced ee-gor, but is abnormally (or abby-normally) pronounced eye-gor by a very few people who walk a certain way.
In the works of Harry Turtledove, Igor may refer to:
Characters with the name Igor:
- Igor (Father of the Groom), fictional lab assistant in "Father of the Groom".
- Igor Kurchatov, historical Soviet physicist appearing in Worldwar.
- Igor Pechnikov, Red Army soldier, minor fictional character in Bombs Away.
Characters with the name Ihor:
- Ihor Eschenko, fictional Red Army officer in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Ihor Shevchenko, Ukrainan farmer and POV in The Hot War.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.