Harry Turtledove: Index > Possible new HT story in an Anthology
- Hmm, he hasn't done one of those in a while. Wish I knew more about Anderson's canon so I could appreciate it more fully.
- Damn, forgot about that. I could say that Golden Reflections isn't quite the same kind of project as Requiem, The Enchanter Completed, or Foundation's Friends, but then, it sounds like this Anderson tribute is more closely related to GR than it is to any of the others. Turtle Fan 20:47, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Very interesting. Three Hearts and Three Lions is a fantasy novel where a man from our universe loses consciousness and wakes up in a medieval world where magic works. The title comes from the heraldry on the shield he finds along with armour beside him. The protagonist finds he is suddenly proficient with sword fighting and goes questing to find his way home. ML4E 19:09, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe I'll read it. I would certainly read Anderson's work before I read the tribute. Turtle Fan 04:54, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I am thinking about this as well. Since there is no publication date for the anthology, we appear to have plenty of time. Good thing, since Three Hearts and Three Lions does not appear to be in print. TR 16:00, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Anderson died eleven years ago. Not a very timely project, is it. Turtle Fan 18:49, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
- He did The Enchanter Completed (I finally got around to reading Lest Darkness Fall last month, and I found de Camp a sheer delight to read), and he contributed to Requiem for Heinlein and Foundation's Friends for Asimov, the latter of which was written while Asimov was still alive. It's almost as though he's working his way down Turtledove's Literary Influences. (Though of course I'm not so self-important as to imagine we gave him the idea with that list; rather, people end up on the list because they were important enough to HT that he'd be willing to contribute to these projects.) Turtle Fan 04:54, February 13, 2012 (UTC)