| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Eugene is the English form of Eugenius, the Latin form of the Greek name Ευγενιος (Eugenios) which was derived from the Greek word ευγενης (eugenes) meaning "well born". It is composed of the elements ευ (eu) "good" and γενης (genes) "born".
Eugene, in the works of Harry Turtledove, may refer to:
Characters known only as Eugene:
- Eugen (Hang Together), an Estonian colonist on Haven in "Hang Together".
- Yevgeny (Hang Together), a Russian colonist on Haven in "Hang Together".
Characters whose first name is Eugene:
- Eugen Blankaard, fictional historian, minor character in The Guns of the South.
- Eugene Cervus, Mayor of San Atanasio in Supervolcano: Things Fall Apart.
- Eugene V. Debs, historical politician appearing in Southern Victory.
- Maximilian Eugen von Heydekampf, fictional archaeologist with a background role in After the Downfall.
- Eugene McCarthy, historical U.S. Senator referenced in "The Fillmore Shoggoth".
- Yevgeni Novikov, fictional Red Army soldier, minor character in The War That Came Early: Coup d'Etat.
- Eugenio Pacelli aka Pope Pius XII, historical Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church referenced in a few World War II-related works.
- Eugene Schieffelin, historical ornithologist referenced in Gunpowder Empire.
- Eugene Wigner, historical physicist referenced in Worldwar: Tilting the Balance.
Places named Eugene: