| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Elizabeth or Elisabeth is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name Elisheba, meaning "Oath of my God". Elizabeth or Elisabeth have given rise to the nicknames of Libby, Lisa, Liza, Lilly, Lizzie, Liz, Lily, Lizz, Beth, Betty, Ella, Elisa, Elise, and many others. Eliza, Elspeth, Elsa, Bitsy, Betsy, Lise, Ilse, Isabel, and Isabella, are among the many etymologically related names.
Characters known as only as ElizabethEdit
- Elizabeth (Eighth-Grade), great-granddaughter of POV character Anne Berkowitz in "The Eighth-Grade History Class Visits the Hebrew Home for the Aging".
- Elizabeth I of England, a historical monarch of England, who plays a critical role in Ruled Britannia.
- Elizabeth II of Britain, the current reigning Monarch of the United Kingdom, who is referenced in "Hindsight" and the Colonization series.
Characters whose first name is ElizabethEdit
- Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, historical British Queen-consort referenced in The War That Came Early: Coup d'Etat.
- Elizabeth Driver, a fictional character in Southern Victory.
- Elizabeth Pepys, the historical wife of Samuel Pepys, who appears in "And So To Bed" in A Different Flesh.
- Elizabeth Stride, historical victim of Jack the Ripper, referenced in "Gentlemen of the Shade".
- "Elizabeth Taylor" (Household Gods), fictional rich Roman woman, minor character in Household Gods.
Characters known as IsabellaEdit
- Isabella I of Castile, historical Spanish monarch referenced in "Report of the Special Committee on the Quality of Life" and Ruled Britannia.
- Infanta Isabella of Spain, historical Hapsburg Princess appearing in Ruled Britannia.
- Isabella Antonelli, supporting character in Southern Victory.
- Isabella Sabatini, a junior at Hoxha Polytechnic, minor character in The Gladaiator.
Characters known as BethEdit
- Beth (Atlantis), passenger on the Maid of Orleans, minor character in "Audubon in Atlantis".
- Beth (A World of Difference), minor character in A World of Difference.
- Beth Sullivan, a minor character in Settling Accounts: In at the Death.
Characters known as BessEdit
- Bess Radcliffe, fictional character in Opening Atlantis: New Hastings.
- Bessie Mathewson, minor fictional character in The Disunited States of America.
- Bess Truman, historical wife of Harry Truman, referenced in The Man With the Iron Heart and The Hot War.
Characters known as BetsyEdit
- Betsy (The Hot War), a babysitter and minor character in The Hot War: Armistice.
- Betsy (Southern Victory), a minor character in Settling Accounts: In at the Death.
- Betsy Duncan, the wife of Congressman Jerry Duncan, minor character in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Betsy Neft, the daughter of Diana McGraw in The Man With the Iron Heart.
Characters known as BettyEdit
- Betty (Southern Victory), a minor character in Settling Accounts: In at the Death.
- Betty Steele, the wife of US President Joe Steele in the eponymous novel.
- Betty Turtledove aka Elaine O'Byrne, co author of "Death in Vesunna".
Characters known as LibbieEdit
- Libbie Custer, historical wife of General George Armstrong Custer appearing in the Southern Victory series.
Characters known as LizEdit
- Liz Brock, a scientist and minor character in Colonization: Aftershocks.
- Liz Martin, a student in "Logan's Law".
- Liz Mendoza, a POV character in The Valley-Westside War.
Characters known as ElsieEdit
Characters Known as IlseEdit
- Ilse (Iron Heart), minor fictional character in The Man With the Iron Heart.
- Ilse (In the Presence of Mine Enemies), minor fictional character in In the Presence of Mine Enemies.
- Otto and Ilse, a pair of dogs in "It's the End of the World As We Know It, And We Feel Fine".
- Ilse Söderbaum, minor character in "Shtetl Days".
Characters Known as LiseEdit
- Elizabeth, West Virginia an important setting in The Disunited States of America.
- Libby Prison, a Confederate prison referenced in The Guns of the South.