| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Edward is an English given name. It is derived from the Anglo-Saxon form Ēadweard, composed of the elements ead "wealth, fortune; prosperous" and weard "guardian, protector". The Spanish/Portuguese forms of the name are Eduardo and Duarte. Other variant forms include French Édouard, Italian Edoardo, German and Dutch Eduard and Scandinavian Edvard. Short forms in English include Ed, Eddy, Eddie, Ted, Teddy, Woody and Ned.
In the works of Harry Turtledove, Edward may refer to:
Monarchs named Edward:
- Edward IV of England, historical English King referenced in Opening Atlantis.
- Edward VII of Britain, historical Monarch of the United Kingdom referenced in a few works.
- Edward VIII of Britain, historical Monarch of the United Kingdom referenced in numerous works.
- Edward IX of Britain (The Two Georges), fictional British monarch referenced in The Two Georges.
Characters known only by the name Edward:
- Edward (A Different Flesh), a lab technician, minor character in "Freedom" in A Different Flesh.
- Edward (Ruled Britannia), an actor and minor character in Ruled Britannia.
- Edward of Arlington, fantasy analog of Robert E. Lee in The War Between the Provinces series.
Characters whose first name is Edward:
- Edward Porter Alexander, historical Confederate General appearing in The Guns of the South and How Few Remain.
- Edward Davis Bass, historical Chattanooga Mayor appearing in Joe Steele.
- Edward Braddock, historical British General appearing in Opening Atlantis.
- Edward Clark, historical Confederate General referenced in "Lee at the Alamo".
- Edward Groff Conklin, historical editor referenced in "The Star and the Rockets".
- Edward Drinker Cope, historical paleontologist referenced in "The Green Buffalo".
- Edward Everett, historical politician referenced in The Guns of the South.
- Edward Ferrero, historical American Civil War General referenced in The Guns of the South.
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax, historical British ambassador appearing in Upsetting the Balance, In at the Death, and The Big Switch.
- Edward Harris, historical ornithologist appearing in "Audubon in Atlantis".
- Edward Kennedy, historical U.S. Senator referenced in "Typecasting."
- Edward Lane, fictional RAF serviceman, minor character in In the Balance.
- Edward Kelley, historical English con man appearing in Ruled Britannia.
- Edward McCleave, fictional US Army General, minor character in Drive to the East.
- Edward R. Murrow, historical broadcaster "heard" in Tilting the Balance and Two Fronts.
- Edward Radcliffe, fictional explorer and a POV in Opening Atlantis.
- Edward Rydz-Smigly, historical Polish General referenced in The War That Came Early.
- Edward Montagu, 1st Earl of Sandwich, historical English admiral appearing in "And So To Bed" in A Different Flesh.
- Edward Teller, historical physicist referenced in Tilting the Balance and "Joe Steele (story)"/Joe Steele (novel).
- Edward Wingfield, historical Jamestown colonist, POV in "Vilest Beast" in A Different Flesh.
- Edward Woodbridge, fictional sailor, minor character in The Two Georges.
Characters whose surname is Edwards:
- Edwards (Supervolcano), minor fictional character in Eruption.
- Douglas Edwards, historical broadcaster "heard" in Last Orders.
- George Edwards, historical musician appearing in "The Fillmore Shoggoth".
Characters whose first name is Eduardo:
- Eduardo Caruso, shopkeeper who is a major character in The Gladiator.
- Eduardo Molina, fictional Sonoran farmer, minor character in Return Engagement.
Characters whose first name is Edouard:
- Edouard Daladier, historical French Prime Minister appearing in Hitler's War and referenced in other books.
- Édouard Thouvenel, historical French Ambassador referenced in The Guns of the South.
Characters whose first name is Eduard:
- Eduard Dietl, historical German General appearing in Walk in Hell.
- Eduard Klein, fictional student in In the Presence of Mine Enemies.