The English language name Bruce arrived in Scotland with the Normans, from the place name Brix of the Manche département in Normandy, France, meaning "the willowlands". Initially promulgated via the descendants of King Robert I of Scotland ("Robert the Bruce," 1274-1329), it has been a Scottish surname since medieval times; it is now a common given name.
Characters identified by only the name Bruce:
Characters whose first name is Bruce:
- Bruce Catton, historical historian referenced in The Guns of the South.
- Bruce Delgado, POV character from "Topanga and the Chatsworth Lancers".
- Bruce Donovan, truck driver in the The Grapple.
- Bruce Fraser, 1st Baron Fraser of North Cape, historical British Admiral referenced in The Hot War.
- Bruce McNulty, fictional pilot in The Hot War.
- Bruce Yeager, businessman in Homeward Bound.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.